The BIT students Core Values
At BIT students, our culture is our everything. We are ambitious young people who want te become the future leaders in tech. Our core values describe our culture, which forms the glue between people and provides clarity to teams. We hire people based on core values. You feel at home because of culture, provided that our culture matches your personal values. And if you feel at home at work, you have more (self) confidence and are more likely to deliver learn, grow and to achieve top performances.
Culture is the reason why people with great talents want to (continue to) work with us. And remember: talent attracts more talent. More talent creates more customers. Better customers. Customers who appreciate our values, because they recognize those values.
Like beautiful code, culture is something that needs guidelines, continuous dialogue and maintenance. Our core philosophy is to be a company everybody wishes they could work for. With this approach, we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, and successful organization. We do so by living our five core values.
- You are a helpful and optimistic person
- You make people happy when you're around.
- You display confidence and humbleness
- Your likability makes you fun to be with. You greet your colleagues with a smile, you look them in the eyes when having a conversation and you show interest.
- You respect that others have another perspective. We all are a little different - embrace it.
- You take ownership - you don't ever say “that’s not my job"
- You only say things about fellow employees that you would also say to their face
- You admit mistakes freely and openly
- You set the example and make your colleagues better
- You strive to be a potential leader - in the broadest sense of the word. Leaders develop leaders and take their role in coaching others seriously
- You walk the extra mile to give the people you work with a 7-star experience
- You make wise decisions despite ambiguity
- You consistently demonstrate a strong performance so colleagues can rely upon you
- You focus on results over process
- You contribute effectively outside of your specialty
- You learn rapidly and eagerly
- You make connections that others miss
- You share information openly and proactively
- You provide candid, timely feedback to colleagues
- You ask for feedback and show others that you have learned from their input
- You seek to understand our customers, and are always looking at how technology can help them reach their mission
- You inspire others with your knowledge and passion about tech
- You create new ideas that prove useful
- You read about new technologies and you share your knowledge happily
- You keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify